AIRBRUSH PRE- AND POST-APPOINTMENT INSTRUCTIONS
Preparing you skin is essential to having the best airbrush spray tan possible and will help the tan last longer and in an even fashion. With proper prep your Infinity Sun Spray Tan can last 7 to 10 days! Follow these instructions for the highest quality airbrush.
BEFORE YOUR AIRBRUSH APPPOINTMENT:
1. Shower with soap to remove any oils from the skin. Try not to use a moisturizing soap as it will create a barrier on your skin making it difficult for the spray tan to stick.
2. Wash and condition your hair.
3. EXFOLIATE your skin! If you don’t have anything at home coffee grounds work well for skin exfoliation!
4. Wax/Sugar or Shave at least 8-10 hours before your appointment. (Tans Plus Med Spa offers great waxing & sugaring services)
5. Rinse well after your shower and pat dry.
6. DO NOT use any moisturizers, oils, perfume, or makeup products on the day of your airbrush appointment.
7. As a general rule try to schedule all hair, nail, massage, or esthetician appointments at least 24 hours prior to your airbrush appointment. This will help prevent any unexpected reaction with the spray tan. (Tans Plus Med Spa offers specialized reusable nail protection for purchase).
8. UNDER 18 YEARS OLD: Parent or legal guardian must be present and sign a release form.
DURING YOUR AIRBUSH APPOINTMENT:
1. Wear loose, dark clothing. No gym wear or jeans.
2. Apply barrier cream to areas of the body where you do not want spray tan (nails, palms of the hands, bottom of the feet, and any other area recommended by your airbrush technician).
3. Hair caps will be provided.
Typically female clients will have the choice of going completely nude (men must wear some sort of bottom) or you can wear underwear, a bathing suit or whatever you are most comfortable in.
4. Your face is typically sprayed last and we recommend discussing with our airbrush technician if this is the right option for you.
5. The final step is a short period of drying after which you can get dressed.
AFTER YOUR AIRBRUSH APPOINTMENT:
After care is very important and will help you get the most out of your tan! Below are our recommendations:
1. Do not shower for 12 hours after your airbrush appointment.
2. Avoid any water exposure or sweating while tan develops.
3. Avoid exercise, swimming, hiking or anything that would cause excessive perspiration.
4. Excessive touching can also lead to spots in your tan and may stain your hands or palms.
5. Sleep in loose shirt and pants the first night to avoid staining your sheets. It is also recommended to place a towel over your pillowcase if you had your face sprayed.
6. For your first shower only do a warm water rinse and do not do any excessive rubbing with a towel.
7. Your tan will start to develop within 12-24 hours.
8. FOR BEST RESULTS DO NOT APPLY ANY LOTION, SHAVE YOUR LEGS, OR DO ANY HEAVY EXERCISE FOR 24 HOURS AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT!
1. Pat dry after showering.
2. Avoid long showers or tub soaking.
3. Moisturize daily after the first 24 hours of your airbrush appointment.
4. Put on lotion or waterproof sunscreen before going swimming (swimming is only recommended after the first 24 hours of your airbrush appointment).
5. MOST IMPORTANT: DO NOT EXFOLIATE YOUR SKIN as this will cause your tan to fade.